7/16/2009

There are a lot of street venders instead of vending machines on the street in the US.

One of the most surprising things is street venders in the US. There are few street venders on the street in Japan, and a lot of vending machine on the street. Although New York city is a big city, It's hard to find vending machines. I find easily a lot of vending machine even in the countryside in Japan.

In Japan, there is a high population density, limited space, a preference for shopping on foot or by bicycle, and low rates of vandalism and petty crime, so I think there are a lot of vending machines from these reasons. When non-Japanese see vending machines on the street, they sometimes think that there are safes and money on the street. Almost all Japanese do not steal money from them.

There are more than 10,000 street venders in NY. Are they immigrants? I thought that their English is not good. I don't know about them. But I can guess that they have problems which is related to poverty.

I'll continue to investigate that.



No comments:

Post a Comment