7/18/2009

The Prospect park and the Brooklyn bridge




I cycled to the Prospect park and the Brooklyn bridge. I tried to become familiar with Brooklyn.

(1)The Prospect park
There are a lot of African Americans and Jewish people in northern part of Brooklyn, so there were a lot of African Americans in Prospect park. They exercise here.

This park's one round is about 3 miles (about 5 kilometer). It is good to cycle in Prospect park. I've decided to cycle here regularly.

(2)The Brooklyn bridge
I crossed the Manhattan bridge last week, so I cycled to the Brooklyn bridge today. The Brooklyn bridge has the sidewalk, so there were a lot of tourist. I could see Manhattan skyscrapers and the Statue of Liberty from there.

I was spoken to two times by strangers while on my bike, because my bike seemed to rare in NY. The reason is that there are a lot of “BROMPTON”, but no ”Birdy” in NY.
( “BROMPTON” and “Birdy” are the brand of bicycle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment