11/30/2009

American Museum of Natural History


 

I went to American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) last Sunday. The museum is one of the famous tourist spots in NYC. There were many people, especially parents and their children there.

The planetarium is excellent, powerful, and dynamic! I highly recommend it to people who visit the museum. It looks like a genuine starlit sky. The sky is filled with stars. It's hard to see stars in NYC at night, so I yearn to look at stars.

Another special exhibition is fossils of dinosaurs. You can see famous fossils there. I finally saw Tyrannosaurus rex! Now, I understand why dinosaurs are so popular; I think their huge size attract many people. There are also other famous fossils for example Apatosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, and Pteranodon, but I couldn't find Velociraptor which is not big but quick and cunning. There are a lot of attractive exhibitions in the museum, you can't enjoy them in only a day! I think I will definitely visit there again.

PS
The official Guide is very expensive, it costs $15, but it is thin. If you compare the AMNH guide and The MET, you will be disappointed with it.


111609

No comments:

Post a Comment