9/05/2009

Environment changes people

When I lived in Japan, I was only interested in things which are related to Japan. Even when I study English, I didn't like to see American movies and listen to music in the US, I preferred Japan video and music. I had studied English for practical reasons, and I had never felt too close to the US. The United States only had existed in my knowledge, not in my experience.

But since I came here, I'm surrounded by American people, always hearing NY1 (24 Hour Local News about NYC) in my room, reading Time magazine periodically, and now I feel a sense of closeness to the US. I'm interested in the US culture, politics, and economy. Taylor Swift is now one of my favorites, and I heard the name of “Ted Kennedy” every thirty minutes last week in my room.

I think the environment changed me.

Link
YouTube - Taylor Swift - Love Story:

No comments:

Post a Comment