10/05/2009

EVANGELION: 1.0 You are (not) alone.


I went to a movie with my host family's daughter on the 19th, and saw “EVANGELION: 1.0 You are (not) alone.” The movie is a Japanese film, yet voice actors were American. We saw the movie in English.

Their acting was good. My host family's daughter usually doesn't like American voice actors, but she liked this movie's acting. I thought that American actors seem older than Japanese actors. The reason is American voices aren't as high as Japanese ones, so it seems more mature.

The movie's translation was interesting; it was interpreted for the American audience. As you know, Japanese culture is completely different from U.S. culture; it was amusing for me. Even though I already watched this movie in Japan, it was really interesting because of the American actors and the translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment