5/07/2009

Why do you study Japanese?

I have corrected many Japanese sentences on Lang-8. There are many people who study Japanese. I have become interested in the reason why non-Japanese people study Japanese.

Chinese and Japanese are widely spoken in Asia. So many countries teach Japanese as a foreign language.

South Korea is the most eager country to teach Japanese. There are about 900 thousand people who learn Japanese. Second is China, 390 thousand. Third is Australia, 380 thousand. The sum of people who learn Japanese outside of Japan is 2.4 million.

Japan's GDP is still second in the world economy. I think not only the economy but also Japan's “cool” culture makes people want to learn Japanese.  

I would like to know the reason why do you study Japanese. Could you reply this question?

PS
I have received many responses on Lang-8

No comments:

Post a Comment